Some Things Seem So Easy

Do you ever think of things that seem so easy, but when you try them they thwart you at every turn?  Yeah, me too. I had seen this recipe for making marshmallow peeps awhile back and wanted to try them –I think I was going to try Halloween ghosts but never got around to it. So, later I thought, “Oh, Valentine hearts, that will be cute and easy!” Oh, I’m so misguided sometimes!

Maybe if you’re a pastry chef.

I’ll just cut to the chase.  I made it work but if you’re going to follow my directions you don’t need the pastry bag and tip.  Unless you just want to try it that way.  Or you’re a pastry chef.

Anyway, it’s Handmade Monday again!  Yay, now THERE is something that works right every time.  🙂  So, after you check out my Heartmallows go check out what everyone’s doing for Handmade Monday! See you there. 🙂

Comments

1. Most things that seem easy to me turn out to be quite complicated. I guess I’m good at underestimating situations. At least it turned out ok for you in the end 🙂

LOL yes, that’s’ it exactly, “good at underestimating situations”! I just assume things will be easier than they turn out to be. And never are.

2. mcrafts says:

Some people have the knack of making things look easy! Glad it turned out ok in the end. Mich 🙂

They look great and sometimes perseverance is the way to go

I was bound and determined, and my poor husband came in to help. He was laughing at me tho, as I had sticky marshmallow everywhere and you just cannot get it off of yourself once it sticks. Messy is an understatement.

4. Jill says:

Glad everything went well for you in the end. Hope you have a good week.

They look lovely and very more-ish!! Glad it all turned out ok in the end 🙂

6. Helen says:

I always thought i would try marshmallows one day but never got round to it 🙂 glad it worked out for you x

7. Jan says:

What a great motto….. ‘Don’t be beaten by a Marshmallow’
    They look delish, I’d bet the ‘ugly’ ones tasted good too.

Jan 🙂

8. Adaliza says:

You’re certainly smarter than a marshmallow! They look yummy – real sweet treats! I used to colour sugar to make sugar mice – made over 100 for a fair once and they all sold like hot cakes (sorry, hot mice)! I’m going to use that phrase – “smarter than a marshmallow” – brilliant!

I hope I’m smarter than a marshmallow, but there was a period of time in there that I wasn’t so sure! BTW I’d love a recipe for sugar mice. I’m going to pop over and see if you have one on your blog and if not, I’m likely going to bug you. It sounds like something I could make a mess of!

9. I had no idea one could make marshmallows by hand . . . they look really cute.

10. I have to say… never thought of making a marshmallow, however, YUM! Hello messy kitchen.. again!

Yes, I should probably have taken a photo of the kitchen but it was honestly embarrassing. And there was sugar crunching on the floor, sticky stuff on the counter tops… I had to soak the pastry bag overnight, etc. Really messy.

11. Oh my goodness, I am imagining the mess if I attempted that! They look very nice from here though.

12. Handbagsbyhelen says:

Mmmm, marshmallow!

13. Joanna says:

I am always thinking ‘oh that looks easy’ and then ending up elbow deep in some kind of mess or another cursing loudly!! I have wanted to have a go at making marshmallows for a while so will definitely give your recipe a go!

14. Jam Dalory says:

I do love marshmallows but i’ve never tried making them myself. Glad you got there in the end! x

15. Pickle-Lily says:

A late visitor from Handmade Monday, so a bit late for Valentines, but then I never need an excuse to eat marshmallows!!
    Jo x