A LIttle Christmas Mess

I have been working on everything at once this week.  It’s the season to be doing everything at once and making a mess.  I don’t know how I used to do it all and with kids and all of their busyness as well.    I don’t have any tutorials to share this week.  I did make something that I will share, but I wanted to perfect it (it’s a recipe) and everything else I did was something I’ve already done before, except for the cards, and those I’m not good enough to do a tutorial for and I’m cheating anyway, with my Cricut!  🙂

So, I just thought I would take a photo of what I’ve done and what I’m working on.  My Step Grand Daughter asked for a Mod Podge ornament and so I made one for her and her brother –they turned out well, I hope they like them.  Then someone else made noises about wanting one of the Mod Podge cups, so I went ahead and made a special one for THAT person and will get that off in the mail right away.

The cards are another story.  I decided to make my Christmas cards this year, which is kind of silly since I normally send out about 30.  I’m cheating and using my Cricut, but still, it’s going to be quite an undertaking.  As you can see, I’ve finished 2.  🙂  But I have cut out 27, and that’s a lot of the work, so I hopefully will get them finished next week and into the mail.  I will try to take some photos of some of the better ones.  I usually have trouble cutting things straight and getting glue where it doesn’t belong.  So, we’ll see.  🙂

Anyway, if you’ve stuck with me this far, please head over to Handmade Monday and check out what everyone is doing.  I know everything there probably has the glue in the right place and they usually cut their lines straight!  🙂  I’m going to check them out!

Comments

1. mcrafts says:

Love the ornament! I haven’t tried that mod podge but maybe in the new year. Yours looks great. Mich x

Well done with all your makes and yes making cards to send is hard and always takes more time than you thought but keep at it as so much nicer than shop bought.

3. Adaliza says:

It’s SOooo Christmassy in your house – I’m still sewing like a demon, having almost sold out of everything yesterday (again)! This is meant to be my hobby, as I teach full-time. I do love it though! Think you’re very sensible to buy an apron – did laugh about the chicken! What’s this Cricut thingy? However it works, I think your cards look really great – professional. It’s still dark here, early in the morning – will have to wait for daylight before letting Flora out. Another day …

Oh, there is no way I could have done all of this when I was teaching! I don’t know how you do it. 🙂

And the Cricut is a neat cutter thingie. I guess I should do a blog on it sometime with pictures so I can refer. I always assume everyone knows, but maybe they don’t have them overseas. They are a bit pricey but my darling hubby bought it for me a few years ago. I buy cartridges now on occasion when I can find them on sale, but I have enough to do Christmas and a few alphabets and some basic shapes.

Love the idea of sending handmade cards – not for me this year, I’m afraid. Maybe if I was organised enough to make them in September – haha, as if!! Love those mod podge ornaments 🙂

I always think I will start them right after Christmas, but to be honest, aren’t we all tired of all the red and green and etc afterwards? So… 🙂

5. Laura says:

It looks so Christmassy!
    & you’re far more organized than I am – I haven’t made a single card yet!

I don’t know why I did it. I think the reorganized craft room really is at fault. My beautiful Cricut was just sitting there, chirping at me….

6. That is a great photograph and it sums up Christmas really well, Good luck on finishing your cards, you are braver than me 🙂

Jan x

Well, that’s the thing. If they don’t get all done, I can just send store bought to the rest. They won’t know..right? It’s not like I’ve posted it on the world wide web… Right? 😉

7. Lau W says:

Hey ! Just beautiful creations, love Christmas time ! The bubble with the name is just superb !
    Your 2 cards are nice, i’m waiting to see the rest !!
    Hugs and kisses !

8. Jill says:

The bauble with the name is great, a really nice idea. good luck with the rest of the card-making – a mammoth task.

9. Jam Dalory says:

They all look very Christmassy, good luck with the cards, that’s some challenge you’ve set yourself! x

10. Mrs A says:

Like the look of your mod lodge cup. Love the bright colours. Hugs Mrs A

11. Susie says:

Thank you all. I got quite a ways done on the cards today, altho still have a ways to go, but I’m feeling a little more confident that I can get them done before Valentine’s Day!

12. it’s all looking good – didn’t know you could do modgepodge ornaments – may have to try that next year!

13. Martha says:

Oh! 🙂 reading your post is exactly what i do every year for Christmas – hundreds of project going on at the same time, rush, mess, running out of time and 1000s of ideas plus experimental baking 🙂 this must be the charm of this season 🙂
    i like your cards, simple but charming. i bet you will manage to send out your “regular 30” 🙂 at ease, with your cricut at hand 🙂
    have fun with making cards. im joining your club soon 🙂

14. Anita Mistry says:

Lovely cards I haven’t even started mine yet. The modge podge ornaments look very festive.

15. Hi Susie
    Thanks again for leaving a comment over at Bath Bomb Creations!
    Serenity You has a giveaway of our products and Bath Bomb Creation is holding it first linky party if interested!

Merry Christmas!