Color With Your Heart

Handmade Monday again!  And I’m ready.  🙂  Go check it out, but first, check out this fun project.  It uses things that you probably already have around; crayons, cooking spray, muffin pans (hopefully you have a heart shaped one, but you can buy the silicone ones online or I think I actually got mine for about $10.00 at Target), cookie sheet, and oh yeah, an oven.

If you have kids, let them help by having them bring you all of their broken crayons.  Let them get off whatever paper is still on the crayons, break them into smaller pieces and help sort the colors.  However adults need to deal with ovens and hot melted crayons.

This was so much fun and came out much prettier than I thought.  I am envisioning heart shaped crayons for little girls for Valentine’s Day or for party favors.  Of course you can do other shapes too.  But the hearts were just so awesome!

Easy directions, try this out just to recycle those used crayons or to do something fun for your next kid’s party or even if you don’t have kids but want to make a special surprise for one. You can find the directions at Crayon Hearts.  Check it out!

Comments

They look absolutely gorgeous! When my kids were small I was a childminder and we always had loads of crayons – this would’ve been a brilliant project for those millions of broken ones that nobody ever wanted to use as they were too small!

2. mcrafts says:

What a great idea – they look great – little girls would love the heart shapes Mich x

3. Jill says:

What a great idea. The mix of colours is lovely. Yes, I can remember having loads of little stubs of crayons left over – as always, didn’t want to throw them but too small to use.

4. These are great and what a terrific use for broken crayons – wish I’d seen this when I was little, I could have rescued my crayon bits from the bin when my Mum thought that was all they were good for!

Ali x

5. These are really pretty. My goddaughters would love them as they are really into colouring in!

Alison x

6. Very pretty, the silicone trays are great and so easy to get the crayons out. I got some from the pound shop and they are as good as any. I love the colours you have used and the heart shape is lovely.

Jan x

7. Anita Mistry says:

What a fantastic idea. I’m going to give it a go with my niece in the school holidays.

8. Martha says:

what a fantastic idea! i think i have come across something like that before but it was not about heart but about some other shapes made of crayons. this is a very clever idea how to upcycle the remaining crayon stubs school classrooms are full of. thanks for sharing this one with us. x x x

9. RosMadeMe says:

What a great idea for those stubby bits of leftover crayons… and much nicer looking!