Did I Mention I Love Mango?

I promised mango sherbet and so I was forced to make and consume more mango sherbet!  How terrible!  And of course my husband suffered too.  Very sad.  🙂  What we both won’t do for Handmade Monday!  And of course that means you all really should go over and have a look at all of the wonderful things everyone is doing over there.  Since we both suffered.  🙂

I love my ice cream machine, but mostly all I ever make in it is vanilla ice cream.  We both love that, and so it’s our old standby.  Not that it’s not wonderful.  There is not much better than homemade ice cream.  And if I’m going to make it, I make it with cream and real vanilla.  My memories of home made ice cream are of my Grandfather and a hand crank machine and rock salt and peaches.  He always made peach ice cream.  It was stunningly delicious.  It was as good as my Grandfather was funny.  I miss them both.

But, anyway, I ran across a recipe for lime sherbet, but I’m not crazy about lime, and so I thought, I’ll try mango, which I love, and I thought, why not honey?  And then I thought, why not try coconut milk?  Well, if you follow my blog at all, you know that I just like to experiment.  Of course, you don’t know about all the ones that don’t work because,  I don’t post most of those!  🙂  However, this one is good.

Try it.  You can find it here by clicking on Mango Honey Sherbet.  There’s still some summer left!

Comments

Yumm! your blog just makes me more hungry, lol

2. RosMadeMe says:

I have only ever made Christmas Pudding Ice Cream… am very tempted by the mango version… although not sure that I could resist the mango on the way to the bowl 🙂

Hmm… Christmas Pudding Ice Cream..sounds like a recipe to share! And yeah, I have to admit, I steal a few pieces of mango, I can’t resist it!

3. Another delicious recipe Susie.

4. I love mango too! Yum yum great for the hot weather.

5. Wow – my mouth is watering just reading this…

Alison

Blue Forest Jewellery

6. Yes, I am now totally starving. Afraid my crafts stay well away from involving the kitchen, nothing edible is my forte.

Lynda

7. Maria says:

That sounds really yummy, I may have to just try it out!

8. Mmmmm, yummy! Need ice-cream. Need mango goodness. Need ice-cream mango goodness…Mmmmmmmmm

9. Susie says:

Thank you all! This really isn’t too hard. The worst part is you need an ice cream maker. But if you don’t have one, surely you have a friend with one! You could invite yourself over and bring the makings! 🙂

10. An Ice cream maker definitely sounds like the way forward! :o)

I find I drag mine out and make a lot of ice cream (or sherbet!) and then I get tired of seeing it on the counter and put it away and forget about it. Then I think about making ice cream and drag it out again and use it a lot and the cycle repeats itself. In South Florida where we live it’s always a good time of year to eat cold treats though. 🙂

11. Martha says:

i like to read about your ice cream memories. of course nothing will beat the home made ice cream- rich, full of flavour and made with your own hands.
    i also have some memories from childhood about yummy ice cream,although it was not a home made one, it was still better than the ice cream made nowawadays – spiral, double flavour and double colour, thick and creamy in taste, sweet, in a big shell, served by a retro-looking lady 🙂 we used to run the the railway station where the ice cream was sold. i always wanted a big one! 😛 i used to ask my grandfather to give me some coins for a big ice cream! how good was that!

its good that you like experimenting with your recipes. i bet the mango ice cream was delicious!

Isn’t it funny that so many of our best childhood memories revolve around food?! And Grandparents? I hope my own Grandchildren will share wonderful memories of me! 🙂 Thank you for sharing, Martha.

12. lisa says:

I love mango too, and this sounds absolutely delicious Susie!