Cookies Again?!

I have to stop baking cookies like this or everyone in my house will have to start jogging!  Actually, sadly, I made up a wonderful sherbet recipe this weekend that I am going to have to make again (no photos!) and plan to put on the blog soon since it’s been so hot and everyone needs a good cool food recipe, so maybe that’s not good either.  🙂  Oh, maybe it’s a little healthier than cookies since it had fruit (real fruit!) and no sugar (really, no sugar).  Well, I won’t spoil the recipe here, I’ll try to work on it this week so it won’t be winter by the time I post it.  🙂

However, this blog is about Oatmeal Cookies anyway, so I’m not sure why I’m talking about sherbet anyway.  This is my old tried and true recipe that I used to make for the kids (and my husband and especially my Dad who loves them).  But, this time I decided to try something a little different, and WOW my husband said they were better than good, they were…  I can’t remember his exact words, but they disappeared.

So, go try this recipe.  I think they could easily become your favorite Oatmeal Cookies! You’ll find it by clicking right here on Date Oatmeal Cookies.

And don’t forget, it’s Handmade Monday again!  It’s wonderful to go check out what everyone else is doing.  I haven’t been working on many craft projects lately, it’s been so hot and I’ve been cleaning out the craft room in the back, so I haven’t wanted to start anything messy.  I will probably not start anything until the end of September.  But go see what everyone else is doing because they make the most beautiful and creative things!  🙂

Comments

1. oooh those cookies look soooo yummy. Very intrigued to see the sherbet recipe!! 🙂

2. Maria says:

Your cookies look great, I will have to check out your recipe now. I remember the first time I made sherbert was at school in a science lesson of all things. Our teacher showed us what to do and then was called away. He left all the ingredients on his desk and just told us to carry on. He was gone for nearly an hour but we all worked really hard and made tons of sherbert LOL!

LOL! We used to let the kids make ice cream in science class (actually the Chemistry teacher did in Chemistry class) and they always enjoyed that. Learning about how salt lowers the freezing point of ice. I use an ice cream freezer!

They do look lovely! Sherbet recipe sounds interesting! 🙂

4. What a huge plate of biscuits, they look yummy, very tempting after a long day crafting.

5. redneedle says:

They wouldn’t stay around for too long in my house either. Your sherbet recipe sounds intriguing

Oh this is doing my diet no good, what diet well see food…… Yummy cookies

7. Winnie says:

The cookies look yummy!

8. Great picture – and a real change to find a foody blog. I’m a closet foody lurking behind a sewing exterior 🙂 Just found you through the Handmade Monday link.

9. Penny says:

Oh dear, that’s the diet on hold for another few days, these look yummy!

10. Those cookies look really good. I’m so glad that I don’t know where the kitchen is in our house, because if I took up baking, these are the sort of things I’d make all the time 😉

Blue Forest Jewellery

11. I love sherbet but I didn’t think it was something I could make at home, I’m intrigued.
    I also love dates (although my husband doesn’t) we both like golden raisins so this is something I can try.

Thank you for the kind comments on my post. As for the outdoor plaque. it holds up very well, I varnish it with 2 coats of very good quality exterior varnish. (front, back and sides)
    I have an outdoor plaque and about every 18 months to two years I give it a very light wipe over with a fine sandpaper and another very thin coat of the varnish. My plaque is not in direct sun and has a small amount of shelter from the rain but still gets a soaking when the wind is in the right direction.

You could make the recipe, half it and put raisins in half and dates in the other half! 🙂
      Thank you for the info on the plaque, I’m going to try making something, altho my painting skill is not up to yours. But I think something like that would look really cute out there. I need to come up with a cute name for our little *getaway*. 🙂

12. Susie says:

Thank you all for your nice comments! If any of you make them and change anything, please let me know, I love to hear about additions or changes that work!