Framed!

Here we are again, it’s Handmade Monday! I intended to put this project up over the weekend, as I had already finished it, but I admit I was glued to the television watching the horrible news out of Japan. And I just couldn’t get myself geared up to get this blog put together. And the news just kept getting worse. Before I go further, please say a prayer (or if you are opposed to that, at least send some good thoughts) for all of the people affected by such an enormous disaster. I can’t even wrap my mind around the size and scope.

So, I’m glad I made something cheerful. A little frame, made from recycled paper. This is part of the paper mache I made previously. Now, follow me over to Make It and let’s take a look at how to make a Pressed Flower Frame.

Comments

A very summery feel to the frame – gorgeous and definitely cheerful! 🙂

I don’t think any of us can comprehend the enormity of what’s happening in Japan, I certainly can’t even begin to imagine what they’re going through over there. We complain about the weather a lot in the UK – it’s a bit of a national pastime – but we are actually so lucky that natural disasters are few and never on that sort of scale.

Thank you for popping over to Handmade Monday again x

2. Francesca says:

I love the frame 🙂 I have done something similar with some of the child minding kids I look after and we covered the frame with cling film to stop the sticky problem – seemed to work well too 🙂

Francesca x

3. Lau W says:

What’s happening in Japan is so horrible, i think off all theses persons…it’s terrible !

4. Rachael says:

Very pretty frame. I love the simplicity of it and the colours.
    As for Japan; I have said several prayers and continue to do so.

5. lisa says:

I look forward to your blog post each week as your makes are always so interesting. I didnt realise you could buy pressed flowers in shops. I can remember pressing flowers in books when i was a child but never doing anything with them. The frame looks great and i’m sure the recipient will love it.

Thank you. Yes, I have purchased them before. I wanted to make some, and I have a great little gizmo that I use to press them in the microwave, but when I moved my craft things to the back room, I seem to have hidden it from myself. I have to find it now, because I thought it would also be a fun project to blog about, especially with spring around the corner. There are so many cool things to do with pressed flowers (altho I think you can buy them about as cheaply).

6. Rebecca says:

Ver beautiful – simplistic but very effective!
    My thoughts this week are and have been with the atrocities the Japanese are facing !!!
    Rebecca x